Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Surat : Nice Meeting with you


I am in surat now. Surat was not an unfamiliar name to hear for me. As I knew every uneducated people of my village and nearby villages come to surat to find a job. In fact the name surat brought before me the same figure of childhood. I reassured that I am not going there in a search of job.

First day at surat was yesterday when I came here and stayed at a hotel near station.

This was the second time in last 6 months that I have been to Gujrat. Except salty water at few places it’s a nice place to be.

You can listen people praising Modi on roads.

Well I liked the city because its not like Dhanbad where I am spending the most joyful years of my life. Good roads good "people" on roads! Party culture is unique people celebrate there weekends on phootpath …  with food and a bed sheet spread over it. Though there are so many parks in the city as well.

Surat is quite open and in spite of the fact that BJP is ruling the state there is no sign of RSS. Absence of its activity can be seen in parks lonely bridge and many more places :). You might have hesitated to travel on a bike with your male friend sitting behind. It just looked awkward with all the couples flowing on the road. These things made me realise that I am yet to live in a metro. And this much backward sense of thought can only come to a guy from villages!

Through out the day we were busy making entry pass and training schedule getting accommodation etc.
When you come to industry you know your value and the value of the place you belong to. A great combo of Indian School Of Mines and Petroleum Engineering!

Life at ONGC is superb as I see it. I would love to join it if got a chance!

P.S. This was written two months before.
P.S. Besides I also loved the cheap food at Big Bazzar.

5 comments:

rahul said...

gud...ab to tum surat ka aisa 'charitra chitran' kiye ho ki ghumne ka mann karne lag gaya hai :) u take the joining there and i m coming to meet you :) best of luck...

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I think the post should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great blog as for me. It would be great to read something more about that matter. Thanks for sharing that material.