Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Looking Back

Its 26th January and I knew it because today mess is off and I have to travel to RD for having my breakfast. In the past 3 years 15th august and 26th January passed just as another holiday. Though it was a festival for me in my childhood.

It was a very special day in Navodaya. Full day we were busy in some activity be it march past, cultural show, art exhibition or cricket match. I wish to thank Navodaya for giving me a wonderful childhood.

I once participated in the art exhibition and got a consolation prize. I never realized that even me can be on the rankings. I was too happy that day. Now I feel that this thought that I am not a good artist made me a bad artist. Similar things happened and everywhere I thought I am not good at this and didn't even give a thought to learn them.

Class six was a observatory year for me. I expected every one around me was brilliant than me. Though here I thought to compete. I tried and I was happiest when at last I became the topper of my class in eight. I learnt by myself that "nothing is impossible" you need to just keep moving and a have burning desire to do so! I succeeded and I kept talking what made me this? I kept my observation till class ten and by that I was a strong person mentally. Then I realized the power of thought and thought process.

Then after reaching college everyone was somehow like me every one dreamt and worked very hard to get here. Today when I look back I consider myself lucky that I didn't listen others but myself. I was very less influenced by the society I was in.

Now when I look back I see how something was most important than all other things. I was a geek and its not a superlative. How I missed my love because something was more important than this as well! This was a thought that involvement in any other activity is detrimental to my career and I avoided all of them. I might be wrong at this point but that's how I was I didn't take risk when it came to something related to my future.

If you see my dedication you might tell I couldn't get what I set to achieve! You can well think where I might have been had I not put even this much effort!

P.S. Dedicated to JNV Jethian

4 comments:

Ashish Gourav said...

You taught me many things Dude...

I still remember the way used to comprehend NCERT textbooks...NCERT textbooks were the last books I used to read...

Cheers to that phase of our life!

Happy Republic Day

rahul said...

hmn...same feeling here friend.we used to have very hectic schedule at Netarhat on these festivals of national importance.But what a crap we face here at NIT !!! by the way - it was disheartening to know that you missed so much to get where you stand today. it's harsh reality of life. here lies the problem - if we are winner of the rat race and throw a look at ourselves after hitting the finishing line, we find just another rat .....

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Priyaranjan said...

@Anonymous
I wonder how it helped in ur college assignment :)